Monday, November 11, 2002

I have a grievance. I hate rude people. People who are bad mannered just rub me the wrong way. The worst thing, it's a culture. We have made it a culture to be rude to our peers. We see it as a sign of closeness. It isn't. It's just plain rude. The more time I spend with my friends, the more I see their bad manners. I am not talking about cussing and swearing. That happens often enough and I am not about to tell someone how they should express themselves. I mean instances where people take you for granted. Where you are 'ordered' to do a favour without so much as a 'please'. I think it's only fair that if you're asking someone for a favour, you have the courtesy to ask them nicely. How difficult can it be? How much effort would it take to be nice to someone? Would it be too much to ask for some pleasantness? They say familiarity breeds contempt, and the things I've seen among friends and family certainly prove that. Does it have to be that way, though? Surely it doesn't take that much effort to be civil does it? Taking someone for granted should be outlawed!
Just Me

No comments: