Monday, April 11, 2016

Weight Management

My last post was 3 years ago and I realise my main concern has not changed. When did I become this person obsessed with weight? I suppose I have always had body image issues. I wanted to believe that those issues went away when I lost weight. I realise now that was  wishful thinking.
Body image issues start young. I don't know how it started or what caused it but those issues, stuck fast. Chubby baby to fat kid to overweight teen to obese young adult. The transition was constant but every step along that path, the self-loathing grew along with my weight.
Today understanding the issues and changing my mindset has not improved my relationship with food. I have not achieved my ideal weight and every setback is like a knife to my heart.
It has gotten better in the last year. I have joined a gym and I understand that, while my weight may fluctuate, I am in control. I know the causes and I can control my urges.
The main cause of the weight, other than the idiotic sweet tooth I have, is that I stress eat. The lack of progress in the other areas of my life is such a constant cause of stress that I eat my feelings.
So how do I break this vicious cycle?
Just Me!

No comments: