Friday, April 17, 2020

IDENTITY

It is the time to get to know yourself.
I have realised that I like to write.
I am a writer, I am not a copywriter.
To a lay person, that seems like a contradiction in terms.
Is it not  the same thing?
The truth is, it is not.
A writer is an artist.
A writer writes from their own point of view.
A copywriter is one who writes from another's point of view.
I have realised that I believe in my point of view too strongly to be a copywriter.
I cannot change styles. I am beyond that point.

So I am grateful that I have come to that realisation.
I am grateful that I have achieved self-awareness.
I am grateful that I have managed to hold on to my sense of self despite the industry I am in.
I am grateful for my self awareness.
I am grateful for my mental strength.


No comments: